Laser Vein Removal
Although visible veins on the face, legs, and other body parts are not always a cause for a medical concern, Dr. Freda Cobbinah understands that having visible veins can make one feel self-conscious about their appearance.
These abnormal veins are caused by venous reflux, which occurs when blood backflows, pooling and creating swelling and weakening of the vein. Our laser vein removal treatments can help. Dr. Cobbinah offers laser vein treatments in San Antonio, TX.
About Laser Vein Removal Treatment
Dr. Cobbinah offers non-invasive solutions with little or no downtime and can help you deal with stubborn, unwanted veins. The advanced Cutera xeo and excel HR platforms provide a combination of wavelengths and long-pulsed Nd:YAG technology for faster, more efficient clearing of vascular lesions to treat spider veins. Capable of treating multiple unique indications on every skin type, this device can help in numerous cases.
Laser vein removal works by closing the blood vessels that cause spider veins to appear. The procedure uses an energy beam, which targets these blood vessels and heats them until they are destroyed and removed by the body’s own process to remove damaged cells. As the medical professional moves the device over the targeted areas, an integrated cooling function optimizes the safety and comfort of the patient. Patients can return to normal activities within a few hours of the procedure.
Benefits of Laser Vein Removal Treatment
Laser vein removal is one of the finest methods to treat spider veins. People who are likely to develop spider veins should consider laser treatment as it ensures longer-lasting results than surgery, with no scarring.
Some key benefits of laser vein removal include:
- Laser vein removal is a relatively quick procedure, normally lasting around thirty minutes in total.
- With different types of lasers available, the treatment is suitable for almost all skin types and tones, with less risk of post-treatment side effects.
- Minimal discomfort is experienced during the laser treatment, and most patients only have mild swelling following the procedure.
- Recovery from laser treatment for spider veins usually takes less than a week in most cases, with painkillers available should you experience any discomfort.
- The long-term results of laser vein removal are excellent, and recurrence is uncommon.
- The procedure provides a convenient alternative to surgery as it does not require general anesthesia or an overnight stay in the hospital (in most cases).
Get in touch
Contact us to request a consultation
Dr. Freda Cobbinah provides an array of Aesthetics services from Skin Rejuvenation to Laser Vein Removal and Hair Removal. Schedule your complimentary consultation by filling out the form below or calling us at (210) 568-7555.